Re: Importing mencoder into a bash script

Bob Proulx wrote:
andy wrote:
mencoder: command not found

I'm wondering if I need to explicitly set my path in the script file in order to call this function.

Uhm, mencoder, when installed, lives in /usr/bin/mencoder.  Perhaps
you have not installed it?

  dpkg -l mencoder

  sudo apt-get install mencoder

Bob

Thanks Bob

No - it is definitely installed - I've used it on the cli plenty of times. I am interested in finding out how I am to call it from within a bash script, because simply putting mencoder <options> <file> in the bash script isn't working.

I'm not a programmer, so I can guarantee that this is a case of PEBCAK, but I am not clear on how to resolve it.