Re: Problem with sendmail, error code 67.

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Shams Fantar wrote:

I have used Google to have the answers at my problem, but I did not find anything.

You need more practice, the 1st page of my only search turned up this:
Take a look at /usr/include/sysexits.h on your system.  It lists all of
the standard exit codes for programs.  On a Linux 2.0.35 system I
have:

   #define EX_NOUSER       67      /* addressee unknown */

And further up:

   *      EX_NOUSER -- The user specified did not exist.  This might
   *              be used for mail addresses or remote logins.

If I make 'sendmail -s testing sfantar@localhost', the prompt doesn't come back and there is no message. But if I make 'mail -s testing sfantar@localhost', I have an error message : Can't send mail: sendmail process failed with error code 67

sendmail and mail are different commands, with different syntax, it
isn't surprising that you see different results.

My php.ini for mail() : sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

Looks good

If I want to use mail(), I can't !

Because you are passing bad data, have a misconfigured mta, or both.

There is nothing in the logs.

If there is truly nothing in /var/log/mail.log, it implies that sendmail
saw the mail recipient as being local, and as such, refused to accept
the mail for a non-existant local user.

$ mail -stesting asdf@localhost
.
Cc: Null message body; hope that's ok
/home/cowboy/dead.letter... Saved message in /home/cowboy/dead.letter
Can't send mail: sendmail process failed with error code 67

Rick Nelson
<hop> kb: I demand integrity and honesty in those who i do business with
<hop> i know my demands are unreasonable, but a guy can dream, can't he?