Re: Iceweasel and Icedove not showing main window

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 09:46:31 +0300, Fabrice Colliot wrote:

>> Do you see any error messages if you run icedove from an X terminal? You
>> should also check ~/.xsession-errors.
>
> Nothing in the terminal or in the .xsession-errors

[...]

> n75:/home/fabrice# apt-cache policy icedove
> icedove:
>  Installed: 2.0.0.4.dfsg1-1
>  Candidate: 2.0.0.4.dfsg1-1
>  Version table:
> *** 2.0.0.4.dfsg1-1 0
>        500 http://ftp.fi.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> I tried to display the window on another computer (with
> DISPLAY=other:0.0icedove) and everything works correctly.
> Can it be something with the configuration of xorg?

I would try to create a new user: If icedove works normally for that
user then you know the problem is somewhere in your regular user's
configuration.

I would also try to use the "-safe-mode" option to disable all
extensions, and maybe to set "--display", "-height" and "-width" to
reasonable values explicitly on the command line.

          Florian   |