Re: help with php config in debian

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 01:58:23PM -0000, Xinhao Zheng wrote:
> On 7 1 ,   10 20 , Kushal Kumaran <kus...@it.iitb.ac.in> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 12:32:45PM -0000, Xinhao Zheng wrote:
> > > hi all,
> > >  I was a fresh man to debian linux.Is there anyone who  can tell me
> > > where to find the php's config file?I install php5 with following cmd:
> >
> > > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --
> > > with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2
> > > /bin/apxs2
> > > make
> > > make install
> >
> > Is there any reason why the php5 packaged for debian is not sufficient
> > for your purposes?  See the libapache2-mod-php5 and php5-mysql
> > packages.
> >
> > > And,is there a cache in debian linux?I run phpinfo and it told me the
> > > php.ini was located in /usr/local/php/lib,however,there is no such
> > > file.Although i use cmd find / -name php.ini and then rm every php.ini
> > > it found.the php can still work well.So my question is:
> >
> > php works just fine without a php.ini available.  It will simply use
> > the compiled in defaults for all those settings.
> >
> > > where is php config file stored?
> > > How many config file it used?
> > > Is debian use cache for config file?
> >

> Thanks!!Did you mean that now i can not change php's config unless i
> configure it again.I just want to change the upload file max size.

See the php installation instructions in the manual:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.unix.php

The instructions suggest that the default location of php.ini is
/usr/local/lib/php.ini.  You can change that with the
--with-config-file-path configure option.

> Yes,apt-get can install apache with php.However,i had a problem when i
> remove apache manually by rm cmd.Then i can not use apt-get ,aptitude
> to install apache again.How to deal with this problem.

If you have accidentally deleted some files from the package, you can
reinstall using the command "aptitude reinstall packagename" or
"apt-get reinstall packagename".

--
Kushal Kumaran                               kushal@it.iitb.ac.in