debian kernel

Hi,

I want to compile the newest (2.6.21.5) kernel on my Debian lenny Centrino laptop. In http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org (2.2) is stated that the kernel offered in Debian repository is:

"obtained by taking the source from linux-major_version.orig.tar.gz (that is, pristine kernel source, processed by the prune-non-free script) and applying a set of Debian patches. These patches typically implement essential fixes for serious bugs and security holes."

Are the essential fixes supplied by the debian patches the same as the kernel.org ones, or it is simply coincidence that the latest version number of the kernel.org kernel (2.6.21.5) and the debian one (2.6.21-5) are the same? And if not, can I apply them to my kernel.org kernel?

In the end which approach will give me the kernel with the latest security patches?

	Cheers,
	Ivan