Re: FileSystem Question

Cousin Stanley wrote:
I was (and I suppose still am) a huge fan of subversion. I loved RCS, hated CVS, and found subversion to be a God-send

I started using git about 3 weeks ago ....

William .... Under Debian Etch I see the following packages listed ....
      git-arch
      git-core
      git-cvs
      git-svn
Which git package are you using ?

  From your comments I'm guessing it's not the cvs variety .... :-)

git-core provides the core git packages.  The other three
are tools for migrating data from arch, cvs, and svn,
respectively. The core-tutorial (/usr/share/doc/git-doc/core-tutorial.txt) in git-doc
is a good starting point.