Re: Iceweasel and Icedove not showing main window

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 11:23:34 +0300, Fabrice Colliot wrote:
> Hi,
> After upgrading from testing to unstable my mozilla apps are not showing
> their main window.
> The processes are running, icedove even ask me for my email password but
> their's nothing else.
>
> I tried to remove old .mozilla and .mozilla-thunderbird from my home
> directory but it did not help.
>
> I also downloaded firefox from mozilla.com and it works.
>
> Has anyone an idea about what's wrong?

Do you see any error messages if you run icedove from an X terminal? You
should also check ~/.xsession-errors.

Did you really complete the upgrade or did apt list some packages as
"kept back"? If you have aptitude installed you can use

aptitude search '~U' | wc -l

to see how many packages have not yet been upgraded to the newest
available version.

Also tell us which version of icedove you are currently using.
(Run "apt-cache policy icedove" to find out.)

          Florian   |