Re: opinions on package descriptions

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 01:02:42PM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use "apt-cache search" when I'm looking for a package which may suit
> my needs. I was amused to get:
>
> $ apt-cache search power | wc -l
> 791
>
> $ apt-cache search "power " | wc -l
> 159
>
> $ apt-cache search " power " | wc -l
> 151

It can definitely be a little overwhelming. The thing to remember is
that apt-cache search can use regex's so brush up on those to get
better information from it. or do what I do 'cus I'm too lazy to
properly learn regexs (though I'm getting there, Florian puts us all
to shame) and grep the heck out of the output.