Re: kernel modification and CONFIG_HIGHMEM issue

On 6/28/07, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 04:50:27AM -0400, P Kapat wrote:

> >learn to use 'apt-cache search' and 'apt-cache show'.
>
> I am not sure what is intended here, but I did search around (mostly
> on packages.debian.org) and came up with the above mentioned kernels.
> The finer distinctions between them was not available from the package
> descriptions. And that is where the mailing list comes to help.

i was merely pointing out these tools inc ase you didn't know about
them. apt-cache search allows you to search packages for your keyword
in the name or description. apt-cache show will show you the
description of a particular package. It seemed that most of your
question could have been answered by this. merely trying to be
helpful.

I didn't want to be rude here, my apologies if it sounded that way. I
certainly appreciate the help, I'll keep apt-cache search/show handy
now. Thanks a ton.
--
Regards
PK