Re: How to move the master boot record?

Hi.
If i have not misunderstand, you'd like to move the boot partition?

In my computer the master boot record is installed in /dev/hda6.  Suppose I
want to move it and have it installed in /dev/hda9: is it possible, and how?

If you are using grub probably it's enought to do a:
grub-install --root-directory=/boot /dev/hda
where /boot directory is your new boot partition (if this is the case).
I've done something similar few days ago, but using a live cd (knoppix)  and chroot.

Hope it helps you
Bye