Re: lpd: CPU and memory consumption (solved.... or not)

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 02:31:50PM +0200, Benjamí Villoslada wrote:
> El Dimecres 27 Juny 2007, Benjamí Villoslada va escriure:
> > Only 15 min. after a done print job, now lpd PID 19449 have 61% CPU and
> > 14.8% memory --and growing.
>
> - I've purged lpr (and have the same CPU and memory problem after one print
> job).
> - lpr reinstall attempt: aptitude shows one conflict with lprng and suggests
> uninstall lprng.
> - I've purged lprng and printed one page.  Worked fine.
>
> Now CPU and memory problem are solved, but with doubts because lpr and lprng
> are classic GNU/Linux programs :)

This sounds like you had both lpr and lprng installed at the same time.
Since some of their command names overlap, they should conflict with
each other making simulaneous install impossible; how did you do it?

If you did have both installed at the same time, I'm not surprised that
wiierd things happened.

Doug.