Re: Any ksh Raw binaries Out there that work for linux i386?

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:59:40 -0500
John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> wrote:

> Karl E. Jorgensen writes:
> > You can easily extract the raw binary out of the .deb file:
>
> If the other distribution is Debian-based and does not offer ksh (unlikely)
> the deb should install fine.  There are certain to be rpms of ksh out
> there.  If the distribution is RPM-based do a Web search and grab one.  You
> could also use alien to convert the deb to an rpm or tarball.
> --
> John Hasler

What I did after unpacking the .deb it's took the binary from etch and
copy to my LFS based system and works good, step by step copied all the
files relative to the package and try to 'clone' this configuration to
the non-debian box, the result, finally, it's this in the two boxes:

/bin/ksh93
/bin/ksh -> /binksh93
/usr/bin/shcomp
/usr/share/doc/ksh