Re: size and position of iceweasel window

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 17:13:55, I wrote

> Is there a way to make the iceweasel window consistently pop up at the same
> position every time?

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 20:18:09 +0100, Liam O'Toole replied:

> That's been a bug in firefox/iceweasel for as long as I can remember.

And on Sun, 24 Jun 2007 20:23:38 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West suggested:

> have you tried
>
> Firefox-bin.geometry:...

I added this to .Xresources:
  Firefox-bin.geometry: 800x977+0+0

and it was ignored.  As judged by ls -lu, the file isn't accessed when I
bring up a firefox window.  I also shut down X, logged off, logged in, and
started X.  That didn't fix it either.

I guess if this is the most annoying problem I have I won't complain.
Thanks for the suggestions.