Re: size and position of iceweasel window

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 17:13:55 -0400
Steve Kleene <skdeb@syrano.acb.uc.edu> wrote:

> Is there a way to make the iceweasel window consistently pop up at
> the same position every time?  I've been unable to control this.  I'm
> calling Iceweasel 2.0.0.4 from an xterm under the fvwm-2.5.18-3
> window manager. Adding a line like this to ~/.Xresources worked for
> Netscape but is ignored by iceweasel:
>
>   Netscape.Navigator.geometry: 800x977+773+87
>
> I tried removing the localstore.rdf file, which I gather can get
> corrupted, but that didn't fix anything.
>
> I also haven't been able to call a window of a given size.  A command
> like
>
>   iceweasel -width 300 -height 300
>
> brings up my usual 800x980 iceweasel window.  I have that size listed
> in prefs.js, but it is also ignored as far as I can tell.  If a site
> resizes my iceweasel window and I close it, I get a window of
> whatever the last size was, not what's specified in prefs.js.
>
> Thanks.

That's been a bug in firefox/iceweasel for as long as I can remember.
The only way I have found to control the initial size of the main
window is by editing localstore.rdf, but --- as you point out --- that
file is rewritten by firefox on exit. IIRC it used to work correctly in
mozilla, so you could try iceape instead. Or you could write a wrapper
script which replaces localstore.rdf before starting iceweasel. It
depends on how important the feature is to you, I suppose.

--

Liam