Twinview Monitor Issues (Monitor #s and Resolution)

I have an NVidia GEforce 6800 with two monitors attached.  One is a
widescreen, hooked up with a DVI cable, at 1680x1050, and the other is
hooked up with a VGA cable and set at 1280x1024.  They are working, but
there are two issues I'd like to resolve.

According to KDE, the CRT is #1 and the DVI is #2 (or 0 and 1 in
xorg.conf).  I've swapped the connections on the card and tried to
specify the monitors differently in the MetaMode option in xorg.conf,
but it makes no difference.  I've seen a few issues with this.  For
instance, when I'm in Konqueror and click on a folder of bookmarks, the
drop down menu from that always appears on display 0, which is the
older monitor.  I can understand there are some glitches and if I'm
going to deal with them, I'd rather have the widescreen, my main
monitor, recognized as the first screen.

The other issue is one I don't think there's a resolution for.  Using a
vertical resolution of 1050 on the widescreen and 1024 for the vertical
resolution of 1024 for the "regular" monitor leaves a deadspace of 26
pixels on the regular monitor.  I know I can pan on that, but seeing
anything on that screen move up and down as I move the cursor is very
distracting.  Ideally, I'd like to set the resolution on that monitor
at 1312x1050 instead of 1280x1024.  I've tried it and the monitor
doesn't display a thing.

1) Is there a way to tell my NVidia card or xorg.conf to recognize the
widescreen as my first screen?

2) Is there anything I can do to get an LCD monitor to work with a
non-standard resolution like 1312x1050?

Thanks for any help!

Hal