Re: Dual Boot With Win XP - Debian First?

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 03:46:50AM -0400, russ421@aol.com wrote:
> I want to dual boot windows XP and Debian.? I've seen the guides,
> but they all recommend that users have Windows XP installed first,
> and then install Debian.? This allows you to set it up with the
> default Debian installation to use GRUB / etc. and dual boot.?

Just leave some free space for a FAT/NTFS partition at the beginning
of the physical drive.

> Is it possible to install Debian first and then Windows XP later
> on?? Can you change the Debian configurations?? Is it not too
> difficult?? Impossible?

You can later install Debian, but recovering Grub (the boot loader)
will be the issue. But this can usually be done easily with a live CD
(or the rescue option of the Debian first CD). But ensure that you
don't allow Windows to touch the space of the Debian installation.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,
462, Jamuna Hostel,