Re: Server keeps freezing up

Justin Hartman wrote:
> Hi Till
>
> Thank you very much for taking the time to get back to me on this issue.
You're welcome.

> What does concern me however is that the freeze starts first with
> mysql and in particular quite heavy load database on that. Basically
> that database crashes while the others are fine and then soon after
> that the entire server freezes.
IMHO crashing on heavy load is a typical sign for a hardware issue.

I once had a similar behavior on one of my systems when there wasn't
enough thermal grease on the heat sink.
I only remarked it when i tried to compile the kernel. On normal load
the system was stable.

But that's only a guess.

> The server is only 3 months old and was bought brand new at the time
> when it was launched.
Did you do any heavy load testings before you put the server into operation?

Do you have some "exotic" hardware which needs immature kernel drivers?

Maybe you should post to the mysql mailing list, too.

Till