Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2007 #1824

On Friday 22 June 2007, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org wrote:
> OT: Say NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard
>  From: "Manon Metten" <manon.metten@gmail.com>
>  To: "debian users" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
>
> Hi,
>
> This urgent request was posted on users@openoffice.org by Hagar de l'Est
> < hagar_de_lest@openoffice.org >.
> Is not exactly Debian, but I think also of great importance for all of us.
>
> Please sign the petition here:  http://www.noooxml.org/petition.
> (Cookies have to be enabled for this site.)

Microsoft has RTF, SQL and others to its credit and we all use them. If only
they would conform to their own standards! I do not see how office formats
could be ISO'd because they keep changing them and adding to them and
backwards compatability can be problematic (forwards as well).

However, what harm would there be in it? Openoffice reads them and writes them
and we like that, right?