Re: Lost internet connection after upgrade

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 23:39:36 +0000
Waqar <waqarmalik@gmail.com> wrote:

> Same problem here. The ip address is getting assigned. I had
> networkmanager, and it automatically used to update the resolv.conf
> I found that it the automatically assigned was empty. I removed
> networkmanager and related packages and manually set the /etc/
> resolv.conf file.
> The network still does not seem to work. I can ping the router, but
> nothing beyond.
>
> Yesterday evening while upgrading, there was some conflict about
> libcurl3-openssl and libcurl4-openssl packages. I installed the higher
> version. Could this be causing the problem.

   I just found the problem.
   This is the NEW dhclient.conf file. Notice the "request" line is
empty.

#request nothing: let the server send all the parameters it knows
request;

  This is the dhclient.conf as it WAS :

request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
	domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name,
	netbios-name-servers, netbios-scope, interface-mtu;

  Just REPLACE your dhclient.conf with the old(er) version, or copy
the request line from the above file and you'll be back in business.

Cheers

Frank

--
    Change the world one loan at a time - visit Kiva.org to find out how