Re: how hot is my xeon?

michael wrote:
I've tried unsuccessfully to monitor my dual Xeon box but lm-sensors
doesn't seem to detect anything. I've a Intel Server Board SE7320SO2

Even if it did, unless you've calibrated the thing you won't know
the temp.

with two 3. GHz Xeon chips. Anybody know how to get mobo/chip/internal
temps (and pref fan speeds)... my box gets noisy and I'm trying to see
if it's temp related

What's wrong with simply sticking a thermometer in there? I'm talking
about a remote-reading one, like those intended to feed a wire through
your door or window and hang on the roofline or whatever. That will
give you a calibrated temp reading, not an arbitrary meaningless
number.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.