Re: nvidia-glx & linux-image-2.6.18-4-486 & a custom linux image?

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 11:54 +0200, csanyipal wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I want to by a videocard:
> MSI nVidia NX7600GS-T2D512EH 400MHz/800MHz/DDR2 128-bit/TV-out&2xDVI/SLI
>
> For this to work, a will to install nvidia-glx debian package.
>
> But, with this package apt will to install:
> linux-image-2.6.18-4-486
> too.
>

> I have yet a custom linux-image-2.6.18. I don't know, how can I use the
> nvidia-glx with this custom linux-image, or what can I do in this
> situation?
>
> Any advices will be appreciated!

My own route to this is to install the linux-source package, the
nvidia-kernel-source package, the kernel-package package. Create your
kernel .deb followed by the nvidia module .deb using make-kpkg.  The
directions for using make-kpkg are quite decent (I suggest using epochs,
BTW), and it's clean and easy to maintain.  Installing the two .deb's
properly sets up all you need.  Nvidia-glx should fall into place
automatically.

Kenward
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. --
A. Einstein