Re: OS File Permission issue (chown -R root.root ../)

Simon wrote:
> OK.. So i was in my /root/ directory and put just one too many "."s in
> the line... Now i have a lot of files that i own!!
>
> I think the term is "DOH!".
>
> Is there any way to fix these?

Personally I would install a chroot on my system, install in the
chroot all of the packages that I have installed in the root system,
and then compare the ownership of all files between the two.  Using
that information I would fix the parent system.  When done, remove the
chroot.  Here is some reference documentation.

  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tips.en.html#s-chroot

Bob