Re: question about network card setting in Debian Etch - please help

ann kok(annkok2001@yahoo.com) is reported to have said:
> Hi all
>
> I have question about network card in etch
>
> 1/ I have 2 optical fibre cards.
> one is Intel 2 ports and one is Dlink 1 port
>
> "dmesg | grep eth" can show
> e1000: eth0  intel pro/1000 network connection
> e1000: eth1  intel pro/1000 network connection
> eth2: D-link DGE-550SX
>
> but when I type ifconfig?
> it only shows eth7 and eth8 for Intel card
> and the eth1 becomes Dlink card
>
> I don't configure the /etc/network/interface

I would suggest that you install the debian-reference package.  In
chapter 10 you will find answers to all/most of the questions you
have.  If, after reading the information in the reference, you need
more help we will be better able to help you.

Wayne

--
Using TSO is like kicking a dead whale down the beach.
                -- S. C. Johnson