Re: How to change the default GTK input method?

> Soooo, my question is: is there a way I can set my DEFAULT input
> method to this cedilla thing, and never have to worry about
> accenting a c again?

Don't know if it can be done, even if it could, the "Cedilla
Immodule" only works in GTK programs, and not in all of them at
that. You must do it in another way, with xkb and Compose.

What is your locale? (Output of locale command). What is your
keyboard? (Output of setxkbmap -print command).

If the locale is pt_BR.UTF-8, and the keyboard is us (alt_intl),
you would already have the desired behaviour (in all programs
under X, not only GTK programs). So I suppose it is something else.

If your locale is en_US.UTF-8, you can get the behaviour that you
want by putting a file called .XCompose in your home directory
with the following contents:

  include "/usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose"
  <dead_acute> <C>        : "Ç" Ccedilla
  <dead_acute> <c>        : "ç" ccedilla

Then restart X.

If your locale is an iso8859-1 one, you must put "\307" instead of
"Ç", and "\347" instead of "ç".

Regards, Jan