Re: DPMS working again after X updates on Lenny

On Monday 18 June 2007 00:34, Stephen Cormier wrote:

> > Any suggestions welcome.
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> You can always use xset -dpms to turn it off in a console/console window
> for the rest of your problem I have no ideas.
>
> Stephen

Thanks Stephen. That appears to have resolved the problem. Which file has
xset -dpms made changes to?

Nigel.

btw. Thanks for the link to the kernel compile tutorial. Ironically the video
devices are being ordered correctly now, each time I boot with the 2.6.17
kernel. I'll still go ahead with compiling a kernel on Debian though, as I
need the practice.