Re: Installing Etch on an Intel DG965WH Board

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:22:07 +0200
Peter.Robinson@t-online.de (Peter Robinson) wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 02:17:33PM +0000, Thias wrote:

> It is connected as SATA. There is no entry in /dev/ that seems
> promising (/dev/scd0 is not present). It seems funny that the
> installer CD is able to get that far but then is no longer able to
> read itself...

   What MODEL is the DVD drive? - Linux in general should not have
trouble with DVD drives READ or RW. The Intel MB is also one of THE
most compatible boards. I run basically the same board with an Intel
Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHZ and an LG DVD player.

Cheers

Frank
 --
    Change the world one loan at a time - visit Kiva.org to find out how