Re: Enable vim color?

Vladimir Strycek(vladoportos@vladoportos.sk) is reported to have said:
> Hi all,
>
> i used vim before on debian and when i was editing my python scripts ( i
> use vim mainly for python coding ) i've got nice colored syntax and so
> on... here in debian i have only black and white.
>
> I tried command :syntax enable or :syntax on but it say " Sorry, the
> command is not available in this version: syntax on" but mine version of
> vim is  7.0.122 which is not that old i think.
>
> Any idea how to enable this ? or better yet any specialized colored
> python editor for console ssh ?

I am runing vim/vim-common 1:7.0-219+1 in testing.  ISTR that on a
recent upgrade, I to, lost syntax highlighting.  Looking in the .vimrc
I found this, which was commented out.
---------
" Vim5 and later versions support syntax highlighting. Uncommenting the next
" 3 lines enables syntax highlighting by default.
if has("syntax") && &t_Co > 2
  syntax on
syntax on
    au FileType c syntax on
-------

HTH

Wayne

--
"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the
usual way.  This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody