problem: nvidia module not loading after updating Xorg [SOLVED]: CONFIRMATION

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 11:57 +0200, Eeltje wrote:
Did you get the nvidia module working again? It would be nice if you told whether you were successful or not...
--
Eeltje de Vries

I am sorry not to reply early. I was busy for some personal business.
Yes, this problem is solved now.

thanks to, Eeltje,
execute the following command as root,
# cd /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers
# gcc -shared -o nvidia_drv.so nvidia_drv.o

Then restart X. thats all. everything will be fine again. no need to reinstall nvidia-driver again.

--
Arijit Sarkar
Kolkata, India

Debian GNU/Linux