Re: Debian only sees 885.5 MiB memory

On Friday 15 June 2007 18:40, Bonnel Christophe wrote:
> I remember an old option in kernel that asked you which size of ram you
> think to be used. This option seems to have disappeared now.
>
> If you want a 2.6.11 kernel, try to compile the kernel and search for
> such an option...
>
> Christophe

It was mainly an observation between the 2 kernels. I don't particularly want
to use the 2.6.11, but the 2.6.17 uses udev, and is hit and miss as to the
ordering of my 2 devices that use /dev/video. Sometimes the TV card is set
as /dev/video0 (which is correct), and the webcam as /dev/video1 (also
correct). Othertimes these are inverted. I have no such problems with the
2.6.11 kernel, and as soon as I can find out the correct udev rule to write
to correct this problem with the 2.6.17 kernel I will use that kernel.

Anyway. That's for another thread.

Nigel.

<Read the stuff below first, then go to the top>