Re: Debian only sees 885.5 MiB memory

I'm pretty sure the option is HIGHMEM -- grepping a 2.6.18 config file that I used to build a working kernel (that allows the ability to access more than 885M of RAM) finds

# CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM is not set
CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y
# CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G is not set
CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y

	hth,
		~c

Bonnel Christophe wrote:
I remember an old option in kernel that asked you which size of ram you think to be used. This option seems to have disappeared now.

If you want a 2.6.11 kernel, try to compile the kernel and search for such an option...

Christophe