Re: reorder files with a mouse in a file browser and rename them

H.S. wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On 06/09/07 23:29, H.S. wrote:
[snip]

Last time I checked, it did not support reordering the files using drag and drop. It only supported up and down arrow keys; which can be quite a drag if I have many files!

Just out of curiosity: what is the "root problem" you are trying to solve? Get them in date-order, maybe?

Yes, to get the proper time-line. These are many image files which were scanned from negatives but not in proper order.

->HS

gthumb image viewer/organizer/manager sorts images by time and can do mass renaming using a pattern ###filename.jpg where # is a digit starting at a given number, images can be cataloged all using a gui and mouse.