Re: From FreeBSD 6 to Debian 4

On 6/15/07, Philippe Lang <philippe.lang@attiksystem.ch> wrote:
Hi,

I have just installed a new Debian Etch server, supposed to replace a
FreeBSD 6 server soon.

There are a few things I miss on the Debian box, and I wonder if there
is a way of having that on Debian too:

(...)

2) Under freebsd, ports can be checked against vulnerabilities with a
simple command:

--
Portaudit -Fda

If there is anything wrong, you get:

server# portaudit -Fda
auditfile.tbz                                 100% of   42 kB   62 kBps
New database installed.
Database created: Fri Jun 15 09:10:07 CEST 2007
Affected package: awstats-6.6
Type of problem: awstats -- arbitrary command execution vulnerability.
Reference:
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/2df297a2-dc74-11da-a22b-000c6ec7
75d9.html>

1 problem(s) in your installed packages found.

You are advised to update or deinstall the affected package(s)
immediately.
--

Is there that on debian too?
(...)