Re: Basic SELinux Question

On 06/14/07 16:38, andy wrote:
Telly Williams wrote:
Hi,

I was going to use an SE Linux mailing list for this, but, figured I'd ask on this list first, figuring that I may have a better chance of not getting a biased answer.

I've heard all of this "talk" about how secure SE Linux is. However, how secure can this thing be if it has been developed by the NSA? I mean, wouldn't THEY know how to get into your computer? And, it's the NSA! If this question sounds elementary, it's because I'm still learning how to secure my computer(s). I'm not a nihilist, just a little skeptical of how secure SEL is in reality (and the NSA). Thanks. ~Telly

Given how invasive American and British politicians and bureaucrats have become, I think that this is a very reasonable question to ask.

And it was asked (repeatedly ad nauseum) 6 years ago.

Apparently, enough people have pored over the code (it's open source, you know...) that it's been satisfactorily answered.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA