Re: Aptitude warning msg

Hi Matthias, Douglas,

On 6/14/07, Mathias Brodala <info@noctus.net> wrote:

> deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ etch main
> deb-src http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ etch main
> […]
> deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free

Except of the categories, these mirrors are indeed doubled. Drop the first two
lines, they make no sense here.

On 6/14/07, Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> Should I remove the following line from my /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
>     deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ etch main

That depends.  this line is just for main.  The duplicate is for more
than just main.  If you want the more, then delete the line with just
main.  If you only want main, delete the line with more.

I've removed the following lines from /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ etch main
deb-src http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ etch main

I hope this will do.

> or should I remove the following file from /var/lib/apt/lists:
>
>     ftp.nl.debian.org_debian_dists_etch_main_binary-i386_Packages

No.  /var/lib/ belongs to the packages involved.  If you fix
sources.list, then apt will fix its own lists.

So, does this mean that /var/lib/lists is configured during installation of Debian?
Can you point me to some more info on this topic?

Thanks to the both of you, for your help.

Manon.