Re: Comparing files in two directories

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 04:59:40PM -0700, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> On 6/13/07, Keith Christian <keithchristian@yahoo.com> wrote:

[snip excellent explanation of diff]

> Thanks for your effort and time. All these leads to get list of lines
> differing in each file. Once again I have to go through all lines to find
> out total number of lines differing in file X ib both folders A and B.

maybe wc -l is in order? he's given you different ways to see how the
trees differ. You have to take that information and make it do what
you want. For example, you could simply iterate through the list of
files in dir A and diff them with the same file in dir B and do a line
count on the ouput of that diff.

that would be one solution.