Re: network instalations & preseed.

Jaime Ventura wrote:
>    Im trying to setup a preseed file to achive newtork instalation from
> a debian mirror.
>    Can I (through a preseed process) remove the cdrom source from
> target system's /etc/apt/souces.list?

Yes.  The following documentation may be of use to you.

  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed

In particular the following settings are examples of configuring this
to a (fictional) setting of:

  http://debdepot.example.com/apt-cacher/http.us.debian.org/debian

Adjust accordingly.

  d-i mirror/country string enter information manually
  d-i mirror/http/hostname string debdepot.example.com
  d-i mirror/http/directory string /apt-cacher/http.us.debian.org/debian
  d-i mirror/http/proxy string

And you will also want to add the appropriate security depot.  In my
situation I configure it off initially and add it back in later.  (So
I don't have a canned example to show.)

  d-i apt-setup/security_host string

HTH,
Bob