Re: supported hardware accelerated 3D card with OpenGL driver

Hello Doug!

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 09:44:02AM -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 12:01:47PM +0200, csanyipal wrote:
> > My system is Etch, with compiled kernel-2.6.18.
> >
> > I want to by a cheaper (around 160 USD) hardware accelerated 3D videocard
> > for which I can to install an OpenGL driver.
> >
> > I think it will to be some PCI-E nvidia or ati videocard, right?
> >
> > Any advices will be appreciated!
> >

> I have an Asus EN7300GT silent (nVidia 7300GT) that uses the stock
> debian nvidia kernel packages (so no compiling the driver).  It will
> work with the 'nv' driver but then you don't get hardware accel.
>
> It was $60 CDN.
>
> There are lots of cards around.  What is it you want to do that you need
> acccel 3D?

I want to play FlightGear. But that is not so important.

Actually, I want to use BRL CAD, programming in python, and play some
games.

Actually, I just want to by a cheap PCI-Express videocard that is
supported on the Debian Etch system.

I see that Asus EN7300GT silent is an excellent choice, isn't?

--
Regards, Paul Csányi