Re: Getting Email from 7 acounts with getmail every 20 seconds

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:17:10 +0200
Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:

> Orestes leal:
> >
> > Recently i've setup a mail service for my 7 users through my and pop3
> > server and getmail to get the email from every account from my main
> > pop3 server, everything ok but i can't setup getmail to get email from
> > the 7 accounts of my main server at the same time, and because that I
> > do that at hand (for now),
>
> What exactly doesn't work? If getmail itself works fine for all your
> users, then your only problem is to run getmail periodically. Usually,
> you use cron for that.
>
> I do it like this:
>
> */20 * * * * getmail -a -d -r getmail.rc
>
> You can repeat the -r option followed by the name of a configuration
> file in ~/.getmail/ multiple times. Getmail will then poll all accounts
> given at the command line every twenty minutes (sequentially).
>
> > I need a way to make that getmail download and deliver the all 7
> > acounts in the server to the local accounts every 20 seconds, thanks.
>
> Three times a minute!? What's the reason for that?
>
> > NOTE: Sorry for my *awfull* english.
>
> It could be worse. :) But you may want to take a look at
> <http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/> to see if there's a user list for
> a language which you are more comfortable with.

yeah, thank you, but I wish I could learn to shape good my bad english here in this list, by the way, very good list, thanks all, to Jochen, Celejar, Frank and Douglas, thank you folks, Saludos!! from Cuba Amigos!!

Orestes