Re: Revert to simple Window Manager

On 11/06/07, Telly Williams <TWilliams001@elp.rr.com> wrote:
    I'm currently using the Gnome Desktop environment.  As I learn to
use Linux/GNU more, I find that I want to slim down my computer as much
as possible.  Hence, I would like to use just a window manager instead
of a full GUI.  Is it possible to revert (maybe, apt-get remove gnome)
my GUI and simply use a window manager, or will I need to do a complete
reinstall?  Will removing the GUI (Gnome) break my system?  Are there
any links on the web that anyone has that discusses this issue?  Thanks.

Additionally you will also have to look at using something other than
gdm...maybe xdm or ??
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar