Re: epiphany: how enable pdf output?

On 06/11/2007 12:07 AM, Eric d'Alibut wrote:
> On 6/10/07, Ralph Katz <ralph.katz@rcn.com> wrote:
>
>> Using cups?  Install cups-pdf, then just "print" to printer cups-pdf.
>> Pretty simple.  Works for me on etch.
>
> I have resorted to that. Is there a way to pass a proper filename to
> the pdf output? All I get is ~/PDF/__.pdf
>
> Firefox's print dialog offers a 'print to file' checkbox, which brings
> up a dialog for naming the output file. I don't see any way of doing
> this with epiphany.

Same for me on epiphany, I don't know how to fix that.

1) ~$ epiphany http://www.debian.org
2) File-> print [brings up GnomePrintCupsPlugin dialog to choose printer]
3) Choose cups-pdf
4) result:
~$ ls PDF
job_366-untitled_document.pdf

Normally I use firefox [from mozilla tarball, my only non-debian app]:

1) ~$ firefox http://www.debian.org
2) File-> print [brings up print dialog to choose printer]
3) Choose cups-pdf [NOT print to file]
4) result:
~$ ls PDF
Debian_--_The_Universal_Operating_System.pdf

Just another small reason I prefer firefox to epiphany.

Regards,
Ralph