Re: Can you connect to a MySQL database on a server from a workstation?

Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 05:46:11PM -0400, Eric A. Bonney wrote:
Not sure, I don't seem to have anything in any of my error logs. I have looked in /var/log/mysql and in the main logs in /var/log and I don't see any type of errors being logged. I can login just fine from phpmyadmin and from the gui on the local machine and from the command line on the local machine. Just not from the gui from a remote machine. Seems odd...

Do you have a firewall?  Is MySQL configured to listen for network
connections?

Regards,

-Roberto

I do have a firewall, but the machine that I am trying to connect from is also behind the firewall, so that shouldn't be the issue. Looking at the config file from MySQLAdministrator it looks like it is setup to listen to tcp/ip ports.