Re: Can you connect to a MySQL database on a server from a workstation?

Roberto ? wrote:
On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 05:19:14PM -0400, Eric A. Bonney wrote:
I have also tried connecting to the MySQL server using MySQLAdmin from my laptop and I can't figure that out either. Anyone know how to do this?

What errors are you getting?  What do the logs on the server say?

Regards,

-Roberto

Not sure, I don't seem to have anything in any of my error logs. I have looked in /var/log/mysql and in the main logs in /var/log and I don't see any type of errors being logged. I can login just fine from phpmyadmin and from the gui on the local machine and from the command line on the local machine. Just not from the gui from a remote machine. Seems odd...