Re: how to force the NIC to 1000M full duplex

Le Friday 08 June 2007 15:43:41 chloe K, vous avez écrit :
> Hi Gilles
>
> Thank you
> I install ethtool but it still has problem to force the card.
> How can I put it in the boot up? /etc/network/interface

Simply by putting this line in your interface section :
iface eth7 inet ...
  up ethtool -s eth7 speed 1000 duplex full

> Thank you
>
> ~# ethtool -s eth7 speed 1000 duplex full autoneg off

After that, what do you see in "dmesg" messages ? And "ethtool eth7"

> ~# ethtool -a eth7
> Pause parameters for eth7:
> Autonegotiate:  on
> RX:             on
> TX:             on

Same question.

Have you made some tests, are you sure that your network card is not
configured at 1Gb/s (don't trust mii-tool)