Re: Install windows with debian problem

how do i access the Partition Magic if my windows is not working?

On 6/7/07, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
Thiago Santos Faria Xavier Teixeira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have windows in my new laptop and i want to install debian with
> windows, but my machine has only one
> partition. So i installed the partition magic software to create a new
> partition to install linux without losing my
> windows. But the partition magic did not create the partition
> (exhibited some errors) and now the start of windows fail.
> i want to  know if my data are lost? there is some (linux) tool to
> recover my data? does anyone had the same problem?

Partition Magic may have an "undo" feature, which might save you.

But it's been my experience that once Windows becomes unbootable, you
either have to "repair" the boot setup with the Windows installation CD,
or you have to bite the bullet and reinstall Windows.

--
Kent

Thiago Santos Faria Xavier Teixeira