Re: xorg & hardwear support for GeForce 7600GS Leadtek AGP

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 16:24 +0200, csanyipal wrote:
> Hello!
>
> System: Etch, kernel 2.6.18
>
> Before I by this videocard, I want to be sure that that xorg supports
> it.
>
> Is somewhere a list of videocards supported by xorg?
>
> Any advices will be appreciated!

Hi Paul,

I have the Gigabyte Nvidia 7600 GS silent card, and it works well enough
with the latest nvidia driver (9755) under amd64.  I get a few quirks
here and there but nothing irritating (for me at least).

My system has on occasion frozen solid (even to the outside network),
but no log gives a hint as to its origins.  Don't know if that is the
video driver or not.  I don't know how to track it with no errors
messages.

Kenward
--
If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for
reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.   Albert Einstein