Cron job not cooperating

I have a cron job that's not running when I think it should
be... that is, it's not running at all.

My /etc/cron.daily contains the problem file:
root@spider:/etc/cron.daily# ll pflogsumm-daily.cron
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 354 2007-06-06 08:49 pflogsumm-daily.cron

This file contains:
root@spider:/etc/cron.daily# cat pflogsumm-daily.cron
#!/bin/bash
#
# 20061213 Cron to gather stats from mail logs and email to admin.
#          Pflogsumm can also be run by itself and/or with many
#          other options.  Check the man page.
# 20070104 Updated path after move to new server.
/usr/sbin/pflogsumm -d yesterday /var/log/mail.log 2>&1 |mail -s "`uname -n`
daily mail stats" postmaster

The problem is that this job never runs.

Cron.log shows nothing:
root@spider:/var/log# cat cron.log |grep pflogsumm
root@spider:/var/log#

The command works as expected when copying and pasting to the command line.
Furthermore, this script worked fine on the previous FC5 machine (the only
difference being the name of the log file.

I just sent this server live a few days ago, so I've been running the script
manually until I figure it out, but I'm having no luck.  Any idea what I'm
overlooking here?  Is it a Debian peculiarity that I've not yet discovered, or
am I more generally confused?  Thanks for any direction.

--T