console too long after stopping x

Hi,

I'm using fluxbox without a dm. When I exit from fluxbox and return to
the console, the text scrolls off the bottom of the screen so that the
active prompt is not visible. This seems to also effect any other
virtual consoles that I was logged into before starting x. Exiting
from the console and logging in again restores the proper screen
length. I noticed this only after some extended experimenting with
console-setup, which I've now removed, and other tweaking of
consolechars and keymaps.sh. The only things that are now changed from
default are a call to consolechars in .bash_profile:

consolechars -f Uni3-Terminus14

and the addition of a link to my custom keymap in /etc/init.d/keymap.sh:

<snipped>
CUSTOM_KEYS=/usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/custom.kmap
<snipped>

	    if [ -f $CUSTOM_KEYS ] ; then
		loadkeys $CUSTOM_KEYS
	    else if [ $CONSOLE_TYPE = "serial" ] ; then
		loadkeys -q ${CONFFILE} 2>&1 > /dev/null
	    else
		loadkeys -q ${CONFFILE}
	         fi
	    fi