Re: X locks up/freezes the system when switching to console and back

On 30/05/07, Deboo ^ <knowledgeful@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/30/07, Richard van der Veen <richard.vd.veen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also had with an Ati Radeon card this freezes ... but when i removed
> the dri module from
> the module section in xorg.conf. the problem disappeared. Seems you
> have the same problem. Hope this helps

> Section "Module"
[snip]
> Load "dri"      << -------------------------------
[snip]

Is there a difference if I comment the "Load DRI" or remove that line?

There is no difference in if you remove this line or if you place an #
in front of it. In both cases the Xserver won't use this dri module.

I commented that line and restarted X and it still freezes if I switch
to the console and back.

I sort of remember I had this problem even in Sarge. Is this an old
problem with Radeon cards?

I am sorry, but i don't know anything else what could help ...

Regards,
Deboo

--
Trusted computing isn't about providing an environment you, the user
can trust. It is about providing an environment copyright holders can