Re: Log in on machine with nn_NO.iso88591

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 07:19:00AM +0200, Salve Håkedal wrote:
> I run Etch and want to log in to an older box also running Etch, but
> with locale nn_NO.iso88591.
>
> To do that with xterm, I do:
> LANG=nn_NO xterm -e ssh -X user@isobox &
>
> But in console I have no success doing for example:
> LANG=nn_NO bash
> unicode_stop
> ssh user@isobox
>
> How to do that when not running X?

ssh in to the other box, then issue the LANG=nn_NO command from the bash
prompt.

If you want this to happen automatically, you can put a script in the
remote host's .bashrc or .profile that checks for the SSH_CONNECTION
environment variable and sets the LANG appropriatly.

Doug.