Re: Bluetooth mouse scroll wheel on Etch: mh2 and lvm crypt

On Wed, 23 May 2007 17:10:12 +0200
Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 10:38:00AM -0400, mmanns@gmx.net wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 May 2007 06:10:07 +0200
> > Martin Manns <mmanns@gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > > What is the best way to get a kernel with the patch booting from
> > > the encrypted root (and maintain the patch on kernel updates)? Is
> > > there a step-by-step wiki around that I missed?
> >
> > No-one? Is this in the FAQ and I missed it?
> >

> You're not being ignored but I just use a normal mouse.

OK, it works now. Just a follow-up:

One has to compile the kernel from the vanilla kernel.org sources. I
used 2.6.21.3 and patched it with patch-2.6.21-mh1.gz from
http://www.bluez.org/patches.html in order to make the mouse wheel work.

Apparently the 2.6.20 mh2 patch from bluez does not work with the debian
sid 2.6.20 kernel and lets it panic (even though compilation works all
right).

Martin